Old 10-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Twin Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga mamma View Post
I'm another tall gal (5'10) and I do think it made my twin pregnancy easier ... I carried them to 39 weeks and 5 days, and they were 6lbs 10 and 7lbs 8! I was big, for sure, but I carried them just fine.

Having said that, I can now see that in retrospect it was significantly harder on my body than I really realized at the time, and I'm just not bouncing back from this pregnancy in the same way (or anywhere near!) as I did with my first.

Good luck ... I truly believe that babies are just waiting for the right mama, and the right time, whether it's one or two or more!
Awesome! Thanks for sharing that! I've had one other friend who was tall and had twins. She seemed to have a pretty uneventful pregnancy except for getting PUPPs later in the pregnancy. I really enjoyed both of my singleton pregnancies so I'm hoping I could enjoy a potential twin pregnancy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea2269
Me too! I'm 5'9", and I carried my twins 37 weeks. We induced for hypertension, so they could've stayed longer. My girlfriend is 6'1", and she carried her twins to 42 weeks! Just because a twin pregnancy is automatically considered high-risk doesn't mean it will be. I've had hypertension in all my pregnancies, so I didn't contribute that to my twins. Other than the last 2 wks on bed rest, my pregnancy was really uneventful.
Wow, 42 weeks! That's amazing but wow! I didn't know twin pregnancies were allowed to go that long these days. 37 weeks is awesome! Thanks for posting that!

Expecting TWIN Girls in Aug 2013!
kricket24 is offline   Reply With Quote