View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #18
mekat
Registered Users

Re: Diapers for bigger kiddos!

Just for a size reference my kid weights 32lbs and wears 4T/5T clothing. My favorite diaper for large kids are xl GAD pockets. We no longer use them because I had to start putting him in onesies (special needs kiddo wouldn't stop playing with his medical devices). My new favorite is Thirsties Duo Diaper never wicks even under a onesie also has good absorbency and is reasonably thin.

Of all the bigger diapers I do find Toddlerease fitteds with a cover the most absorbent but if your kiddo is older it is a bit of an image issue since once they get to a certain age that oversized diaper bottom is just no longer cute and becomes an eyesore. We do use Toddlerease around the house but I would never let my kid leave the house with them on.

I actually like the fit of Fuzzi Bunz perfect fit but their inserts are awful and really don't absorb much. Having to purchase a better insert on top of the diaper purchase turns me off cost wise and using prefolds as an insert usually causes wicking when under a onesie.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote