View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
shesaidwat
Registered Users
seller

What foods when?

My daughter is 4 1/2 months. At 3 and 1/2 months she decided that I wasn't enough for her, so we were given the go ahead for cereal. She HATED it. But still wasn't satisfied. We finally gave in and started giving her formula, but also started letting her try bananas, apples, pears, prunes, and peaches. We did the whole "new food then wait 3 days before trying a new one to be sure of reactions etc" We barely even did one a week. The other day we gave her peas and she LOVED them. Now I know we started early (and her pedi wants her to wait till 6 months because "they won't have as bad of reactions or allergies") Well, I've done my research and my daughter was/is ready for solids. She watches us eat, and lunges with open mouth at our food. She can just about sit up on her own, holds her on head up just fine, is starting to try walking. (yeah, skipping the crawling phase. now our choice, hers. She LOVES standing and has started taking steps when holding onto our hands) Well, with the peas instead of her usual, let you stick it in my mouth and I'll eat it. She went NUTS. Biting at the spoon when we tried to scrape off the mess on her chin, and crying when we took to long to put more in her mouth.
My question is what schedule should we follow for introducing them? I was told fruits last but we did them first and she seems to have no problem with veggies. But I've also heard meats last... but I kinda want to give her meats now for protein.... What schedule are y'all using?
shesaidwat is offline   Reply With Quote