View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:39 AM   #21
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Peanut allergy from just being breathed on in young infant - what am I in for???

I'd hesitant to give an epi without an allergy confirmation. Like pp said you need to call 911 even if you had an epi to administer you are suppose to get medical treatment with in 15 mins. You should not drive to the hospital yourself. Epi can be dangerous if you don't need it, especially in one so young. Call you regular ped, have them do a blood draw to test- They can do it. You still need to see the allergists, but in the mean time you can get a blood draw and test for peanuts through you ped. It will only take a few days. Then if its positive demand they write a script. Our ped did initial testing but did not write a script because we had an allergist appt that week and this was not our first food allergy- first one (and hopefully only) to need an epi though.

$100 for a twin pack seems cheap. We pay 20% co-pay. For 4 (2 twin packs) we pay $85. Never mind just saw that was per pen. Yep they are expensive. And if you do get a script make sure to check the expiration. They only last a little over a year. Our last fill the pharmacy gave us 1 twin pack expire in a year the other in 3 months. I check right there in font of them. So I gave it right back to them and said we need one for year. They had to order new ones.

ETA our old ins was $25 co-pay so we paid $50 for 2 twin packs. There is not generic so your kind sol on that one.

Last edited by jbug_4; 10-02-2012 at 05:41 AM.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote