View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
hishouseholdsix
Registered Users

My Mood:
Lost toy at sitter's house, advice?

Hey ladies! I'm new here but this has kind of been weighing on my mind, maybe y'all can tell me if I have any right to still be upset, lol.

This summer our regular sitter moved away with her family, and I haven't felt comfortable having someone new in our house yet, so when DH wanted to go to a concert last weekend I found someone who offers care from her home. My DS has not been away from me often and doesn't deal well with new places/new people so I let him bring two of his wooden Thomas trains to her house as a kind of comfort thing. The boy is REALLY into Thomas and carries engines around the house all the time, he almost always has one in his hand. Well, I'm sure as you can guess, one of the trains wound up missing. When I came to pick the kids up he had one in one hand and in his other hand he had a train he had found there. We searched for 20+ minutes for the train. Finally I just asked her to text me when she found it, because the missing train happened to be his favorite. Four days passed with no word at all from her, not even an update saying that she had looked and not found it. I texted her yesterday morning and didn't get a reply, so I sent her a Facebook message. This morning I get a text saying she has looked everywhere and that he must have hidden it really well.

Now I know that I took a risk by letting him take his trains there in the first place, but he is really good about keeping track of his toys. He never hides things or puts them in strange places, especially his trains. He has been walking around the house asking about his train since we got home, and I feel awful that his favorite train is missing. Should I just write it off as a loss? The lady seems to be uninterested in helping me find it, but I feel like if it was me in the situation I would feel awful about it and be doing everything I could to help. I keep thinking that maybe if we go back over there, he might remember what he did with it. I'm just looking for a little insight from other mamas, thanks for reading all my rumblings!
hishouseholdsix is offline   Reply With Quote