View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
judeabug
Registered Users
seller

Re: Look what I woke up to at 5:30 a.m.!!!!

Oh wow! Before I read your description, I thought maybe she was trying to do some laundry...but I think it's funny that she used the dryer to set herself up a little tray!

My son is younger [3], but a few months ago he woke up at 5am and decided to raid our junk drawer [that is really a cabinet that we thought was too high for him to reach.] He got out scissors, knives, box cutters, lighters, and all sorts of other dangerous items. Thank God he didn't hurt himself, but it was a little scary.

We got him an "alarm clock" where there's a sleeping bunny and and a waking bunny. We set the bunny to "wake up" at 7:00. It took a couple of weeks of reinforcing, and I think we may have put a gate up outside his room for several days, but he's now great at staying at bed. I'm not sure if that'd work as well for an older kiddo, but maybe it'd help?

I know it's scary to imagine your LO up in the middle of the night and all the things they could possibly get into or how they could hurt themselves. I know how frustrating and scary that is!

WAHM behind Serwa Chic:Cloth Diapers, Nursing Covers, Wetbags & Long Sleeve Bibs!My Family Blog: Jenny.erally Speak.ing
judeabug is offline   Reply With Quote