View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Really frustrated...why now?? *update*

I'm 38wks 1 day. Based on my history, I am not going to make it too much longer, but of course, I'm starting to doubt that. Anyway, so just in the last couple of days, my 5 kids and I all are getting sick. Mostly we have colds, but my daughter woke up with a low grade fever today. My toddlers are miserable with snotty noses and can't sleep well. My 6 year old had it, but is over it assuming he didn't have something else. My other 4 year old (twin with the girl) is snotty too, but at least he is in a good mood. And of course, to top it off, I feel like poop too. I really hope the fever is not something different that is now going to be passed around. She already had mild cold symptoms that have gone away and she has none now. *sigh*

Seriously?? We haven't been sick in months. Why right now? First off, I don't want to go into labor with a cold. Second, I really don't want to bring a newborn home to sick kids. And lastly, I don't want to expose my childcare for my OB appts (which I have 2 a week) or my labor to any germs, but I have no choice. I cannot cart 5 kids who are 6 and under to the OB with me and I am not having my husband do my childcare while I'm in labor. Oh and of course, there is also the fact that I'm 38wks pregnant, sick and taking care of a bunch of sick kids too. Wow, that's fun! NOT!

What a huge bummer!!

UPDATE - Just thought I'd update. I did take my daughter to the urgent care. She came back negative on the rapid strep test. However, she is clinically presenting with strep and we've had false negative tests in the past. We have also had 2 false positives. (The rapids aren't all that accurate, which you learn if you get a lot of strep throat like we do. ) So, the dr. went ahead and prescribed antibiotics for her. I'm really not one to give antibiotics without a clear diagnosis and reason, but I just felt like right now, the benefits of going ahead and treating her outweigh the risks. Right now is just an awful time for the whole family, especially me, to get strep throat. Plus, I may end up induced on Thursday. I really don't need her still sick and having to go back or the other kids needing to go in. So, against my normal inclination, I got the meds and started her last night.

This morning, my 2 year olds are both coughing like crazy and the other 4 year old (the twin to my daughter) is coughing a lot too. My daughter still has a fever of over 100, but seems better than she was. My 6 year old is fine and I feel okay. We'll see how the day goes, but I'm really not happy about us all being sick and Thursday maybe being induction day.

(Induction because my BP is going up pretty fast. )

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 10-03-2012 at 06:48 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote