View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
MamaApril
Registered Users
Formerly: MamaApril6
seller

My Mood:
Your favorite CD-safe diaper ointment?

My kids have a tendency toward red bottoms. Sometimes food related, sometimes unknown. I use diaper ointments a lot, but my favorite ones are not CD-safe since they contain zinc oxide. We often need the heavy duty ointments. I can cut up old tshirts to use during the worst rashes with my non-safe ointments and toss the liners, but I also want to buy some CD safe ointments.

I've used Weleda and California Baby in the past, ages ago. I'm looking to order from Vitacost, as I have other stuff I need to get also. I looked at the list of ointments in the big thread at the top of this forum, but not all have comments on whether they're diaper safe or not.

We use a variety of diapers from prefolds, flats, cotton terry, to fleece-lined pocket diapers. Usually if we get a bad rash, I resort to disposables and my desitin or Boudreaux Butt Paste. Trying to avoid that as much as possible. I have used Boudreax lightly in cloth before, though.

This is what Vitacost has ... how safe are these? Any your favorite go-tos for cloth diapers and really bad rashes?

*A & D ointment, A&D Cream
*Avalon Organics Baby Soothing Zinc Diaper Balm
*Aveeno diaper ointment and Aveeno Organic diaper ointment
*Badger Organic Baby Balm Chamomile and Calendula
*Baby Bee Diaper Ointment and Multipurpose Ointment
*Babyganics Healin Groovy Protective Ointment and also Hiney Helper cream
*Boudreaux's Butt Paste
*canus Lil Goats Zinc Oxide Ointment
*California Baby Diaper Rash Cream, calendula cream, powder
*Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm
*Earth Friendly Diaper Cream
*Earth's Best Organic ointment
*Hugo Naturals Diaper Cream Shea
*Life-Flo Mababa™ Baby Diaper Cream Fragrance Free
*Nature's Baby Organic Diaper Cream
*seventh Generation Diaper Cream
*Weleda Diaper Care Cream/Calendula Baby Cream (depends on wash routine...)

The big mega list said Weleda depends on your wash routine. In what way? I'm guessing the Calendula is easier to get out than the diaper care cream.

Last edited by MamaApril; 10-02-2012 at 08:23 AM.
MamaApril is offline   Reply With Quote