View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:
Re: Lost toy at sitter's house, advice?

We lost 4 Thomas trains at my MIL house. We looked for 3 days straight before we left to fly home, and could not find them. She doesn't have a crazy house or other toys, and no other kids were over during our stay. She found them a YEAR later when she was pulling out tablecloths to find the special Thanksgiving one. One of the boys had wrapped up his trains and put them to bed, in a drawer full of tablecloths! He had never done that before, so I didn't think it was a possibility.
Trains are especially easy to lose and hard to find. I deconstructed my mom's living room to locate a train that had rolled under a couch and then under a shelf. If I hadn't seen it go under I would never have found it!
I know how expensive it is to lose Thomas trains, but it's not the providers fault and she could have been systematically looking for it without giving you updates. I wouldn't be giving daily "updates" about a lost toy until a least a week of looking for it went by, unless of course you stressed how much of a lovey it was to the child, and called looking for updates, begging to know if you needed to buy the toy so your kid could sleep at night.
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote