Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Family
As the pp have said just bring one gift for the kid you know.

I have my kids bdays together (g/b who just turned 3 and 9) on the invites, for the people that know both the kids like family and close friends I put both names on the invite. For my daughter's friends who she wanted to invite I only put her name on the invite since they don't know my son.

When I was 11 or 12, my friend and I had a party together, our bdays are 2 days apart. The party was at her house, it was our friends, and mostly her family, my family didnt live near so only my mom and sister were there for me. We both got gifts, but none of her family brought gifts for me and I didn't think it was wrong, or rude and it didn't bother me at all.
This. I have 2 kids with birthdays a month apart, and 2 more kids with birthdays 2 weeks apart. I do a joint party for each set and make separate invites for each kid and then joint invites for family and friends that know both kids. On the single-kid invites I do mention that it is a joint party, but please do not feel like its necessary to bring a present to the other child.

It has worked great for us so far and saves us a lot of time and money to have 2 parties instead of 4. We always have a much better turnout that way also and makes the kids feel like everyone is there for them!

Sent from my iPhone
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote