View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #23
3lilbubs
Banned - User Requested
seller

Re: Chicken Moma chat thread. Share, Q&A, all things chicken! <3 October <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Mommax4 View Post
I also don't do much winterizing, I've read the same thing about the heat light and also that chickens put out enough. Anyway my girls did well last year.

We butchered three roosters a few weeks ago, at their prime. They didn't have much meat and it was tough. Makes u wonder what they do to the ones that end up in the grocery store?

You really don't want to know. I watched a video and now I really want to get some of my own to raise this spring.

Attachment 121198

So there's my new gardening shed/coop. Ill take more pics then of the inside. It's divided in there, also it's not quite finished, I have to paint the door, fix the top and put the windows in.

Attachment 121199

Here are some of the girls and of course sparky our buff brahma roo who doesn't crow?!?!?

We do wood chips and straw, w/o any odor issues. I def don't clean it twice a day either. I did send the hubs that waterer link!

But now my girls aren't laying in there boxes, I can't even find any eggs!! What the heck!! Just moved them last w/e I did have a few eggs since then so I don't know what's going on. Ill have to make sure they're not hiding them, that does happen sometimes!

Oh btw I'm Chloe, we leave in north eastern pa, we've had our oldest girls almost two years now. And a total of 18 all together, our others are from this march and the summer. Our barred rocks from march are just starting to lay.
It all looks great! I'd love to see the inside too, and you reminded me I haven't finished painting mine and I need to do that before winter moisture warps the bead board. Might be the move that caused the girls to stop laying or it could just be winter.. are they moulting?

And since we were all talking waterers, this is the one I want to get if I can figure out how to split my hose bib between the garden and the chickens!

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/auto...ter_bowls.html
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote