View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #24
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chicken Moma chat thread. Share, Q&A, all things chicken! <3 October <3

I LOVE the boxes! To prevent poo on them, could you slide them to the left? Then use something like cinderblocks to hold the roosts up? If not enough room, could you do 2 on one side and 2 on the other, stacked? If they get on them, you could cut small pieces of plywood or metal roofing and prop it slanted on top. It would be a simple solution to keep them off. To be honest, I've never seen such a spotless coop! Wow. My girls splatter the walls, it's been flooding here for 2 days now so they have drug mud up there too. Yuck. I deff couldn't put hay under them. You have a good system working there with the dry sand. I have got to dig a sort of water diversion around ours. The rain has been sooooooo bad it actually has puddles under the coop and the run is 2" of slick mud!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote