View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
Zoethink
Registered Users
seller

Re: Birth "Soundtrack", anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
I listened to a pandora station created from a worship song I really liked by the David Crowder band called "He loves Us" which is a really mournful sounding and powerful sounding song about the depth of God's love that was always really comforting to me during pregnancy when my hyperemesis was really bad. A couple songs came up that I hadnt ever heard before but that I felt spoke especially to where I was at during that moment in my labor. One was called "Never Let Go" by David Crowder, a slow one about how God never let's go of us even in our darkest hour, and another by Tenth Avenue North called "By Your Side" about God being by our side, and urging the listener not to run away from Gods love.

I had read a story in Ina May Gaskin's book about some woman who said that her birth pains were the power of God moving through her and for some reason that struck me as really holy and intimate and I'd really been praying that I'd have that heart. So then when my own labor came I felt myself fighting it off. I'd ask for breaks - and get them! - and then right before transition that tenth avenue north song played and I finally told God that He'd have to get the baby out because I was going to keep fighting unless He just did it. Song ended. I got out of birth pool to meet midwife for first Doppler, transition started, baby born three hours later. It was epic. Lol.
Wow. That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing all that. I hope I can do something similar!