View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn wont suck!

sorry. dd is the same way(high palate, small jaw and low muscle tone though) she had a great latch but weak suck/no suction so she only got what leaked out and it took us 6 weeks to notice. i stopped BFing her and fed her bottles bc in addition to not gaining weight she wasnt meeting milestones. she's almost back on track now but since the seizures 6 weeks ago she wont even latch on i still try but she wont have anything to do with it. she doesnt latch or suck on the bottle either, just gnaws kind of. we are looking into craniosacral therapy at the chiro and have OT/ST coming this week but i have no clue if she physically CANT suck or just DOESNT. and no one can tell me. i also pump every 2-2.5 hours day and night its exhausting
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote