View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #14
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lost toy at sitter's house, advice?

As a daycare provider, I am glad to see so many on the side of the provider. If she is regularly doing daycare, I would imagine she has a half dozen or more children in and out of the house most days of the week. You have no idea the amount of personal items coming and going on a daily basis. It is just too much to expect her to continue searching high and low and giving multiple updates about one toy. I know this toy is very important to your child and is a big deal in your world....but in her world, its just another thing that a kid lost at her house. Maybe it will turn up some day, maybe it wont. Who knows? Either way, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and certainly shouldnt be something worth leaving a daycare provider over. The important things such as your child remaining safe and happy in her care were accomplished so in my book, she sounds fantastic. She did take 20 minutes to help look for one toy and she did respond to your messages.....not as quickly as you wanted her too but try to imagine what her life must be like with the flood of communication for multiple parents about multiple things. I have 5 daycare kids right now and go thru at least a dozen emails and texts per day! one missing toy would not be on the top of my priority list.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote