View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We shall see the success stories I have considering this is my first fall garden....

You ladies inspire me. Seriously. I absolutely adore each of you for your postings.

So we got rid of our puppy (thank heavens) who had dug up my garden three times, that makes four plantings of the same crops cause if u remember I sizzled my first round of sprouts.

It's been still high 90's and actually still hit 103 the other day but!!!!...supposed to be into the 80's for the next couple weeks. I've been babying like crazy all my sprouts begging them to handle the heat. I suspected that my first sowing of celery, lettuce, kale and spinach got too hot in that last heat spell so I just re planted today. Hoping that works. I'm supposed to be working off an 11/14 first frost date which with these heat spells doesn't give me much time to get these babies started. On the list for next year - grow light!!! Dh is already on board.

Need some leaves to fall to use for the bulk of my mulch for covering my garlic which will go in next week IF the weather gets cooler. Otherwise ill wait a little longer to plant the garlic and onions.

I really have no clue what I'm doing but have learned a lot from some good books, blogs and two local nurseries that have answered my MANY questions I just use the I'm 8 monts pregnant excuse and that seems to get me a lot of help (I can't believe I just admitted to that!) I really am hugely pregnant...and usually toting along my gorgeously wild 2.5 yo son.

I've planted a bunch in pots, filled my four planter boxes and all the dirt surrounding them so fingers crossed we get some edibles out of it al!

Now if I could just get these mice away from my chicken coop I'd be happy!

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote