View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #12
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What do you miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBuddies View Post
I miss being able to spontaneously do things. I used to love being able to load the kids up in the car and take them somewhere for some fun when we felt the need for a pick-me-up, or a special treat, or whatever. Now, it all has to be planned out or "its not in the budget". I feel like lately the kids are being robbed of a lot of fun/experiences because the finances have been so tight. Now, DH is getting ready to come home from deployment, and I know he and the kids are wanting to go have fun, and probably visit zoos or something, and Im dreading it because yet again, "big bad mommy" has to be the one to tell them we cant afford it right now because a ton of unplanned/unexpected crap sprung up, and no we dont yet have a $1000 BEF, and even if we did, it still wouldnt cover it.

Exactly this. I am not enjoying being the one that has to deliver the bad news that we cant do xyz because we are saving and paying bills. I miss just deciding I want something and going and getting it or deciding we should all go out somewhere then remembering we cant afford to.
I just need to get used to it again, for the last 9 months I've been splurging and gotten out of my thrifty ways, I will get back to it though, just not happy about it right now lol.
clothlover8 is offline   Reply With Quote