View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:51 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Because this is a well visited forum, I need some help.

Originally Posted by holly6737 View Post
So there is no evidence of stones and the only pain med that works for you are iv narcotics? While I'm not saying I don't believe you, that is a classic presentation of pain seeking behavior. So I really don't blame dr y. You're asking him to give you a very heavy medication (IV dilaudid might as well be heroin for all intensive purposes) with no real objective evidence of there even being a problem. He has to protect his license.

That said, I think your best bet is to go to a pain clinic or explore having the stents placed while you are pregnant. Ive seen it done before.
I totally get what you are saying. And this has been my fear since this first started back in 2005. With DD, I had blood in my urine until 36 weeks and then no more blood. It totally stopped. By that time I had been in the ER over 10 times, admitted 4 times for pain control and I have no idea how many stone passed as I never caught any but they kept disappearing and reappearing in the U/S they did.

I honestly have tried oral narcotics. In fact, I had way too many at home. they kept giving them to me even after I asked them not to. I didn't use them and if I did, it was 1-2 per bottle of 30. And now my heartburn told me this weekend (I was trying to stay out of the ER as DH & DS were camping) that that was a bad idea. I slept upright with my chest on fire from my heartburn. With Zantac being taken at every Vicodin dose plus Mylanta and Rolaids.

I have tried Dilaudid too. And I have BAD reactions to it; projectile vomiting, uncontrollable shaking, and hallucinations.

And because I have been through this over 20 times, I know what works and what doesn't. I would take Toradol in a heartbeat but I can't while pregnant. And not one medical person has given me a safe alternative for pain control while pregnant other than narcotics. Trust me, I have been asking since my first attack in April 2005.

I know that everything I have done, said, or tried makes it sound like I am drug seeking. But how does one get around that if they actually have a pain problem? And I tried Pain Management. They won't take me until I deliver.

I have done everything I have been asked to do and even did things (like contact Pain Management and Urology without anyone referring me) that I figured wold be helpful. I listed to what my doctors tell me to do and ask them what I need to do to help them and help myself. I do not like the position I have been put in.
ME: Dagny 34. Married 7/16/04 to: DH: 36. US Navy Corpsman. DS: Quinn 15. Future Mad Scientist DD: Kayla 8. Future Pink Mermaid Ballerina Princess
DS2: Colin 14 monhs. Walking toddler!
Feed your children human milk as long as possible, it might save their life. It did my son's.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote