View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #29
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Peanut allergy from just being breathed on in young infant - what am I in for???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
Yep that is the plan. Incidentally we decided THIS WEEK to move to a whole food diet. I've been slipping since DH is working more/more kids/MUCH further to go to the store and I've found that we are eating more and more prepared foods. So it is one less huge stress since I was going to do this anyway. Now the only big issue is my just turned three year old is having MAJOR peanut butter withdrawl. I'll be looking for some peabutter next time I go to the store.
Something else to consider with getting rid of peanuts. Some allergists recommend avoiding tree nuts too. Not that big of a deal for you lo since she is not eating yet. Peanut allergy does not mean automatically have tree nut allergies- however a lot of allergist recommend avoidance for 2 reason, confusion- its easier for a child to say no nuts then try and determine what kind of nit they are eating and cross contamination. Blue Diamond almonds are peanut free but pretty much all other nuts unless still in shell have been processed with peanuts and/or in peanut oil. If your kids eat other nuts make sure they are washing their hands to be safe.