View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Bartering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
My husband and I can eat a whole bulb of garlic at one meal (roasted in oil) but we probably shouldn't.

Why don't you just ask the person you are trading with what you are thinking and see what she says. If she wants to do one for one would you say no? If you mention your reasoning for 2 or 3 to 1 see what she says. Maybe she has no issues and will give you 3 without flinching or maybe you have to barter Isn't that what it is all about?

Good Luck!
That's what DH is doing today. It is another co-worker of his. I am curious to see how it plays out.

We also will eat an entire bulb of garlic, LOL, which is why I said most people wouldn't. Partly that is because we have so much of it unhand.... Chopping a clove for the roast, ah... throw two in there. While you have it out would you throw a clove or two in the potatoes.. and before you know it, the bulb is gone. We also roast it and it does not last here. My kids love roasted garlic on baguette. I also say as long as everyone in the house is eating it, it doesn't matter, and garlic is good for you!