View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Overwhelmed yet again

HI Mamas. This is our 3rd year homeschooling. We like unschooling practices, but have basically been forced to do them b/c life over the last 3 years has been one trial after the other. There were a few times I had health issues and just couldn't keep up with a curriculum. That was fine for that season, but I'm getting stressed out b/c I have a 7 year old who is slow going, needs motivation, and is very timid. I call him a 1st grader even though he's 2nd grade age and this is his 3rd year. He would have been a great candidate for the whole older boy Kinder thing. So anyways, I NEED some sort of plan!!!! I'm due with our 4th and need something simple where we can sit down and basically cross the core stuff off the list for the day. I hate to say that, but that's where we are. We need to develope a good foundation (never have) and then kind of find our way from there. I've tried MFW, Sonlight, Abeka, doing our own mama made unit studies (too much work for me right now), and unschooling. Abeka was too hard for him, I honestly wasn't fond of MFW (same thing over and over), and Sonlight was great but so pricey and hard to let him go at his own speed (he wanted to study the vickings a bit longer, for example). I am timid to buy a full curriculum b/c we love Math u see and hooked on phonics and are using those both right now. We also do our own handwriting. So for the core stuff, I feel like we're covered. Suggestions on easily laid out plans for filling in the gaps? History, science, etc? PLEASE HELP!
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote