View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #14
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kitchenaid mixer or food processor?

I have both larger formats of the kitchenaid appliances. I haven't used any fancy attachments for the mixer yet. I haven't done much cooking since getting it as a gift two years ago for XMAS. We moved, I started a new job and got pregnant and had a baby. The mixer is great for double batches of most recipes... XMAS baking, lots of guests for dinner etc. I have used it for baked goods (cookies, brownies etc.), whipping cream, mixing pizza dough, mixing meatballs and other large batch wet mixes.

My Kitchenaid food processor has two separate areas where you can process food. It has a small task bowl and blade that sits on top of the main bowl. I can honestly say I used this once. It's good if you're doing a big recipe and need to do a small quantity of say... chopped nuts. But you don't want to use then clean the entire bowl for the rest of what you're preparing. I mostly use my processor for shredding cheese (15 minute job done in two seconds), and chopping/pureeing veggies for pizza toppings, sauces or meatloaf. My hubby HATES chunky food and the only way he seems to eat the veggies in a sauce or other dish is if I make it tiny or puree it before cooking. He's like a child, but this has made my life much easier.
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote