View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
MrzP427
Registered Users
seller

I'd like to move there anywhere in the next 2-3 years and I have some questions for those mommas who live there.

I am looking for a smallish town as I am so sick of living in the City. We are a family of 5. DS is a 7 yr old first grader, DD1 is a 5 yr old Kindergartener, and DD2 is a 6.5 wk old baby. Of course they wont be these ages when we move but it kinda gives you an idea how old they will be around that time frame. We also live in PA now.

Sooo....

What small towns are recommended?

What is the COL there?

What are the Public Schools like? Regarding Education, test scores, violence?

Are there any educational and Family fun places that will not break the bank?

What Grocery stores and Pharmacies do they have? Are grocery prices higher? Will I be able to coupon and stockpile?

How hard is it to get a job there? Do jobs tend to pay well? (My DH works at Home depot but is willing to change jobs for better pay)

How necessary would it be for us to NEED 2 cars? Could we even get by with none at all?

Im considering Homeschool even though my kids love public school right now. Are there many Homeschooling Families/groups in Vernont?

These are the questions I could think of at the moment but anything else I will update the OP. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Last edited by MrzP427; 10-03-2012 at 08:09 AM.
MrzP427 is online now   Reply With Quote