Thread: Gluten?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Gluten?

Hey ladies, I think this is the right thread. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation as mine and it turned out to be a gluten intolerance.

Here is the situation.

I have been having brain fog for he last several months. Pregnancy brain has kicked in and made it worse, i think, but it was there before i was pregnant. I feel like I am really slow in my thinking and I forget a lot of words. It makes me feel dumb and like something is majorly wrong with me. I soemtimes get dizzy and sometimes i get this weird feeling in my arms and legs and it feels like my movements are not as easy as they should be. As you can imagine, it is very frightening. well it hit me really hard a month or so ago and hung around for at least three weeks and then pretty much disappered for a few weeks and now it is back but not so bad. also when it hits me i get really tired and even when i go to bed at night i wake up feeling just as tired. I've talked to my doctors about it and they did a ct scan and bloodwork and stuff and could not find anything wrong with me. It made me feel like i was a hypochondriac but I KNOW that I am not imagining this. I mean when it hits me its like my mind is trying to think through this thick fog, that is the perfect way to put it. it scares me and makes me feel dumb. I was talking to my sil the other day who is gluten intolerant and she was saying that if she eats gluten it makes her feel like that. she also has stomache issues from gluten which i have not noticed in myself. so i was thinking that maybe it could be what is wrong with me. i am going to try to cut gluten from my diet and see if it helps but how long do you think it owuld take to work? other things i was thinking would be that maybe it is a sinus issue or ADHD or something. It is so hard to think straight when this thing hits me and definitely hard to focus. Well anyways, I know this is not a medical forum or anything but if anyone has experienced anything similar please chime in. i am desperate for answers here. I have been to the doctors and got no answers so now when it hits i try to deal with it and not think about it but it is so hard. My biggest fears are that its a brain tumor (but i would assume they would see that on the ct scan) or its lik eearly onset alzheimers. but you know how it is when you don't know something, your fear gets the best of you and you start thinking the worst....ugh, anyways, all that to say if you have any input it would really be appreciated TIA