View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Farming/Homesteading October Chat Thread

Hi everyone. It is SO beautiful outside today but I"m really trying to push the kids to stay on task with school work today. They didn't get it all done yesterday and I hate to keep slipping behind a little each day. We still have a few library books to get through that relate with our FIAR row that are due on Monday and I'd love to get those done.

raisingcropsandbabies--We do homeschool. One of our options in the state of Iowa for full filling the the requirements is having a supervising teacher. We have 4 face to face visits at the library where she has the kids bring in a few things they have been working on and gives them encouragement and 4 phone call visits during the year just to check up and see how things are going. I felt almost refreshed after our visit yesterday, she is such a positive person---so nice. This is our first year with this lady, she has 6 kids of her own so it is a much better match for us than the lady we used for the past 2 years. She was a nice woman overall and took the position very seriously but just not a good mix for our family and style of schooling. I always felt like I was being watched over and the kids were intimidated by her. So I'm wondering what is your plan with your little guy while the arm is in a cast? Is it to encourage the use of the other arm more? No doubt it will be stressful at times but it sounds like you are thinking and planning ahead for what is best for him.

I'm still hoping to get the rest of this done today:

-finish grating and freezing zucchini (I think my freezer will be officially full after that!! I need to figure something out before I go to Costco on Friday.

-This looks like our last day of 70+ weather with a high tomorrow of 50 so I would love to get the sheets washed and put on the line at least one more time.

-Need to clean our the tomato beds--I think my poor plants are done. Pick anything that isn't great before it freezes tomorrow or Friday night.

-Finish my meal plan/grocery/shopping lists for Friday

-DH and DS #2 are going on a college/football recruiting visit Saturday in Minnesota so I need to pull the suitcase and cooler and plan their food out for that.

-and I really need to mop the kitchen and bathrooms floors (again)

So anxious to get back out to the country soon so we can have all of our livestock again, I love hearing about everything everyone is doing.
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote