Old 10-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Possible induction for high BP and really nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
I don't respond well to epidurals either.

It sounds like you have a good grip on things. As long as the OB eases you into induction it should hopefully go smoothly.

I'm still bitter about my last induced birth where my bag was broken and I was pumped full of pit. No one told me anything, gave me any options or warned me about how stressful that kind of aggressive induction would be. I was checked constantly and as a result ended up with an infection that made pushing SUCK!

My new OBs jaw dropped when she heard how agressive they were about inducing (apparently bag breaking is an endgame?). In her words, keeping an open dialogue about how fast you want to go is key.
Yes, breaking the water can be a problem because if you don't progress fast enough from there, they will just section you because they are afraid of an infection (which you experienced). They want you to deliver within 24hrs of your water being broken and some OB's want 12. If it isn't broken, in theory, you can stop at any time and if you body doesn't to keep going, you *could* go home and wait or try again another day. (Depending on the reason for the induction in the first place. Obviously, sometimes, you have to deliver, period.)

I've been very open and honest with my OB's about my desires for my labor and what I want but also letting them know that I am willing to bend if the situation arises. There are 4 OB in the practice. I prefer one over the other 3 (though I really would be fine with all 3). She has really been listening to me and wants to help me achieve the labor/deliver I want. She actually respects my opinions and the fact that I've even researched enough to have an educated opinion. The others are all fine and good too, but if I have to be induced, I'm going to ask to wait till she is on-call.