Old 10-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

chicken pox vaccine effectiveness

**not a debate about getting vax'd or not getting vax'd **
just curious about experiences

So, this week my (one week shy of 1 yr old) DD came down with chicken pox. She has not had the vaccine yet.

We think she got it from my 13 yr old. The week prior older dd woke up with a bunch of spots on her face and neck. They originally looked like pimples but by the end of the day they all popped and by the following day they were scabbing over...not typical acne (and she does not have an acne problem and uses face wash etc). The Dr. couldn't figure out what it was and just trated it as a staph infection.

But then this week the baby got spots and when I took her in he said chicken pox...we never considered older DD having chicken pox cause she has had a vaccine and a booster for them. And was exposed to them at around 2nd grade when our neighbor (and her best friend) got them (was a vax'd kid too)

SOOOO....after all that rambling I was curious how many people have had kids that were vax'd or know of kids that were vax'd and still got pox?

AND.....is this an"adverse reaction" to a vax? (with older dd) like should I be reporting it to someone? Vaccine group or something??

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here

Last edited by ohgirlohboyohno; 10-03-2012 at 11:53 AM.
ohgirlohboyohno is online now   Reply With Quote