View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Am I asking too much?

My Oldest DD turned 5 in April. She is attending public school. She is extremely bright. Is it asking too much to ask her to pick up her markers when she is done with them. This was the day today (She is home because she has had a stomach bug and pooped on herself at school yesterday and no one ever called me, they never sent her to the nurse, so I have little faith that I can trust them if she may still be sick and poops on herself again. She has gone 24 hours without pooping or vomitting but that is besides the point).

This morning I wake up, new markers on the floor, uncapped, everywhere... ( she woke up before me and didnt wake me up and started coloring which is normally fine with me, I wish she would have asked me though, I would have got up)
ME: Abrielle, Can you pick up the markers, please? Put covers on them and put them away when your done, please.
Abrie: OK (she does it)
Me later in the morning: Abrielle, remember I asked for you to put the covers on your markers and put them away when you are done with them? they are all over the place again. Im going to throw them away if I ask you again.
Abrie: OK, and picks them up again.
Me this afternoon: Abrielle, your markers are again on the floor. Im throwing them away, panic, tantrum, ensues, she promises not to do it again and picks them up.
Me later this afternoon: Abrielle, that's it, they are going in the trash. Panic and tantrum ensue, she starts physically hitting me when I try to throw them away so I give her ANOTHER chance to recap and put away.

Am I being unreasonable?

Last edited by clothdiapercrunchy; 10-03-2012 at 12:40 PM.
clothdiapercrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote