View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Non-plastic kid friendly dishes

We bought Corelle dishes when we moved here b/c we have tile floors. We used to have a nice set from Crate and Barrel, and we broke two pieces within a month of living here. Since we bought the Corelle, only two of the small plates have broken, and that was my MIL's fault. LOL She was helping put the dishes away, and she spun around and hit me in the back and dropped them from shoulder height (she's almost 6 feet tall). We have since dropped a few plates and bowls, and none have broke.

I also used small Corelle bowls in my home daycare (bought at Walmart, you can get individual pieces there), and never once had one break. They were nice b/c they were thicker than the regular Corelle dishes, and were deeper also. Even the infants used them. I just had plain white, and none of them ever complained that they didn't have kiddie prints on them.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote