View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #28
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

Re: Whats for dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybissy View Post
We had chicken piece cut small and marinated in chopped onion, tomatoe,o.o, salt, cumin, pepper, paprika, lemon juice, garlic, and ginger.
I tossed it all in a skillet and sauted til almost cooked, toward the end I defrosted a packet of spinach and puréed it. Cooked it with chicken for five ten min. Meanwhile I boiled a few "nests" of Chinese noodles and when it was done tossed all together.

Everyone enjoyed it. Spinach is my new fav thing to purée and use in place of tomatoe sauce. I did it over pizza too, but I did purée just a bit of tomatoe sauce at that time to help spread evenly. Kids don't seem to mind
This sounds good! I'm going to try it! I feel like I do the same thing over and over again so that will be something new and fun to try.

Last night I browned 2 lbs of ground elk and made vegetable "beef" soup. I'm using the rest of it tonight to do spaghetti and we'll have garlic bread and green beans. It's old and tired but everyone likes it and actually eats. Tomorrow we'll have roast with potatoes and carrots and probably a salad or something.