Old 10-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #30
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (October 1-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
I know this is silly... But today I weighed myself and I gained 17lbs so far which is a lot more than I was expecting (4 weeks ago I was up 7lbs). And that of course has me a little down but the worst thing is I feel ungrateful about finally having a pregnancy go right and I'm all depressed about my weight? Seriously. It's ridiculous.
I get it, Alice! I was riding high a few weeks ago because I wasn't gaining, and felt "all riiiiight, I'm so gonna gain like 10 pounds and be that pregnant lady who leaves the hospital thinner than when she conceived." And then I put on 3 pounds this week alone.

I want a healthy baby and all that good jazz. Buuut, I was finally starting to get off the extra 20 pounds of chub that I've put on since my wedding...and here I am, pregnant again. So, there's another year before I can get "skinny" again.

And for what? Seriously? So I can look like some sort of model? I have some chunk because I like to cook and eat good food, gosh darn it! PLUS 4 pregnancies in 5 years can do a lot to one's physique. I work out and I'm healthy. Yet, I still critique myself in the mirror. It's so dumb.

But, you're/we're not being ungrateful. None of us would trade our babies for our pre-pregnancy bodies. We're just being human. Even the really awesome things in life have trade-offs. In the end, a few pounds is a pain in the neck, but it's not a big deal unless we choose to MAKE it a big deal. This culture puts a lot of pressure on women especially, but when we focus on the things (and people) that really matter, we do find that the scale is basically meaningless.

So, there's my long-winded rant.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote