Thread: 1st bday ideas
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: 1st bday ideas

Our first birthday party was only family and only grandparent types (plus my sister, but not the rest of the family/cousins/etc).

this was because 1) we were moving and actually travelling through where our family lived on her birthday and 2) DH says that no one besides the grandparents really care about 1st birthdays. Which, I sorta think is true.

On the other hand, I have attended a couple first birthday parties for other children, but those children had older siblings and therefore, older toys and that satisfied the 'what can the kids do' part of the equation.

I don't know, really, other than that.

When we hadn't planned on taking advantage of the travelling part to have a party, we were just planning on taking her to a zoo or aquarium as a big special day with her parents. I don't know if that's an option for you or not.

If you decide to have a party, I'd maybe go get a few toys - depending on the age of the kids who were going to attend. Legos... paint projects, etc. If you get good nontoxic paint, your LO should be able to participate. Just get some stuff that you know you want for your child in a few years if you have the money to do so.

Indoor parties are tough no matter where you live.