Old 10-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: Recommend a HE washer!

I'll tell you what NOT to get...it's this one:
http://www.sears.com/kenmore-3.6-cu-...6&blockType=G6
and probably any variation of it. I've owned it for a year now and it's my first HE washer (I had my previous one for 14 years.) We were only in the market for one because we had a flooding accident with our old one, so we didn't spend a lot of time researching and were being cost conscious because of having a lot of repairs needed due to the flood.

From what I can tell, it does a decent job. We didn't spend a ton of money on it so I guess it's one of those you get what you pay for situations. I think it's a little loud compared to other HEs. My biggest complaint is that sometimes...just sometimes...something comes out half dry. I am not naive enough to believe that the spin cycle is so awesome that is spun 1 article of clothing half dry. I believe it's just not being washed. Stuff does come out clean, so that's why I said it did a decent job, but I can't help but think the clothes still are really dirty. They do smell good.

We bought the dryer that accompanies it about a month later and that really does work well. Been very happy with that.