View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Update: It wasn't croup.....Think my 2 1/2 yr old has Croup.. what to do?

Update:

I'm glad I listened to my "mommy instincts" and took him to the doctor. It turns out that he doesn't have croup, it's a really nasty sinus infection. So she gave us a prescription for antibiotics and a cough syrup to give as needed.

Poor baby slept so hard and so well last night! Gave him Tylenol for the fever and the cough syrup along with his antibiotic and the kid was out like a light at bed time and slept in this morning... and fever is gone.

The pediatrician said that she could see why I thought it was croup, based on the cough alone, and just hearing the cough, if she hadn't examined him it would have been what she thought too.

So.... to new mommies..... ALWAYS listen to your mommy instincts. If I had talked myself out of going to the pediatrician poor guy would have just gotten worse while I waited for the "croup" to pass.

God bless!

Last night DS3 starting having that "seal bark" coughing in his sleep. Today he has a really runny nose, fever, the "seal" cough, and breathing sounds funny.

He has a doctor's appointment for tomorrow. I wanted to take him to Urgent Care tonight, but they won't see him because they aren't his PCP (gotta love Medicaid)... so basically the choice is the ER, or wait until tomorrow afternoon for the doctor appointment.

I told DH that I want DS3 in bed with us tonight, that I would just feel better.

I hate that he's feeling so bad, and I can't help but cry over it (gotta love postpartum hormones that make everything SOOO much better, *sigh*).

So.... advice?
Thanks
God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 10-05-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote