View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
Michelle_M
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Think my 2 1/2 yr old has Croup.. what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
My son gets this quite easily. I do the steamy HOT shower and then straight outside to the cold air or in front of the freezer. It usually gets it to calm down enough for him to sleep for awhile. He usually beats it within a day or two. PP hormones (well hormones overall) are no fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
My now 10 year old was diagnosed with asthma when he was 8 months old.

That said, if this makes you feel any better, even if it sounds like he's having trouble breathing, know that he's most likely not! My son would sound TERRIBLE, and his O2 was at 98% or more, every time we went in.

First thing you need to do, is take him in the bathroom, turn on the hot shower, and let him breathe in the steam, deeply, through his mouth. Do this before bed. While he's breathing in, cup your hand, and pat his back, fairly hard (not too hard), while he's breathing in. Then, stick his head in the freezer, straight from the steam shower. Yes, I'm serious. The steam will help break up all that junk, and the freezer will take the inflamed vocal cords down.

Give him a dose of ibuprofen and something ICE cold to drink. He should sleep lovely through the night.
Thanks so much ladies.

Question.. I don't have any baby Ibuprofen, just Tylenol. Will Tylenol work, or do I need to send DH to the store?

And when I take him to the doctor tomorrow, is there anything they will do for him? Or will it be basically what you've already said, paired with the standard "hydrate hydrate hydrate?"

Thanks!!!
God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote