View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Dryer Balls Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmollyann View Post
Any links for instructions? I'm also put off by the cost, but interested in curbing the static situation- especially in the dry winter. The decreased drying time wouldn't hurt!
Here's the one I followed: http://howtomakedo.net/154/make-your...l-dryer-balls/

Don't try and tie them the way they recommend (with string). I did that and it just didn't hold up through the first wash cycle I used panty hose and I tied the end of the panty hose shut and it worked like a charm! They were hard to untie that way but at least they didn't open in the wash. I just used a couple pairs of panty hose so when I got frustrated trying to untie it I'd just cut and use a new cestion of panty hose. Coming apart might have also happened because they were in a row (all one piece of pantyhose). I just did them individually after they opened and tied both ends of the leg part of the pantyhose. Hopefully what I said made sense! I got my wool yarn at AC moores or Michaels and used their 40% off coupon on it. That also really helped with the cost! (you can print their coupons from their website)
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote