View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #14
shannychi
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you have bunks do you love/hate them?

We, too, had three beds in one room. It was a pain! So, we bought plans from a website for 10 bucks. Actually, we bought the hardware, too, because it was easier and a better price than going to Lowe's or Home Depot.

Anywho, we have a twin over a full with a twin trundle. It is so great. We completely love it. For the sheet changing problem I took a hint from my mother - I have three brothers that had a similar set up. We bought them comforter covers from Ikea and only use a fitted sheet. That way I just wash the duvet covers with the sheets and its easier for them to make. They have to make their own beds.

Another thing, we chose to make them because the weight limit was much higher. I wanted to know all my kids could (not that I ever want them too) be on the top bunk without it collapsing. The Ikea bunk beds and many we looked at are rated for like 165 or 175 lbs. That didn't sit well with us. My brother's kids have bunks from collegeloftbeds.com and they are SUPER sturdy like our's and they just had to put them together - everything came pre drilled and cut, if you don't have power tools.