View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
MrzP427
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
If I moved anywhere in Vermont it would have to be in or near Burlington--still city but not like cities I am used to. Or I would live in Vermont on the border of NH where Dartmouth college is.

COL in Vermont imo is pretty high. I have lived and almost lived everywhere so I do research on alot of areas.

I am sorry I can not give you living exp there but I can give you little almost lived there ideas.

Homeschooling would not be a problem there. Public schools for the most part are considered excellent though. The closer you get to universities and colleges the education, stores and activities for family tend to be better.

Family fun things we did while visiting Vermont were--concerts, farmers markets, farms, street fairs, and the Ben and Jerry's Factory which has movie nights and other summer activities.

GL with your search I hope you get more answers.
Thanks so much. I would be looking to go to school there as well. I will be going back to school for a degree in Baking and Pastry. I was reading online about the New England Culinary Institute and then wondered if that is even a small town. I would like to visit somewhere in the near future before I actually make the move.