View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #58
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishouseholdsix
Thanks to everyone for sharing your opinions, and to everyone who expressed kind words about the loss of his lovey. I do realize that I'm a little sensitive about his train, but he's my baby and I hate to see him upset. With that being said, I'm not at all blaming her for the loss, I did find it frustrating however that there was a breakdown in communication. But, it's all over now and we've learned our lesson and moved forward. I would like to clarify a couple of things though. I did help her look for those 20 minutes, and I also paid her for an extra full hour to thank her for her time. I expressed to her when we got there and before we left that he thought of this train as a lovey, but I did not in any way blame her for its loss. I just wanted her to understand that it wasn't "just a train" to my DS.

At any rate, it's over now and we are moving on and using it as an opportunity to teach the kids about being responsible for anything we leave the house with. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and respond!
We were out one day and lost our daughter's lovey... Gone lost FOREVER. I was devastated... I even cried! We replaced it, and the new lovey is loved even more!!

Transitional objects are so important to our lives, especially when we are little. They give comfort and familiarity.

I hope he enjoys his replacement lovey!
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote