10-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Thanks for all the input! I am feeling a little better about this midwife because the woman I wanted to use told me this midwife actually trained her. We'll meet with her on the 9th.
Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings
Thats tough to not have an option youre totally excited about. My midwife does VBAC a lot and is very experienced in the "eventful" birth which makes me feek so at peace with her. I lost a lil more blood faster then usual with my HBAC and she was on top if giving me a shot of pitocin right away not waiting to see what happened which my husband and I both appreciated.
Ask how many Vbacs they have done, what the outcomes were. I think if the one you dont like as much has a good success rate with it, that would be a comfort to make her look better. If she doesnt then thatd be another strike agaist her.
We live near Portland Oregon which is very natural living friendly and are blessed to have a large pool of midwives. . .I know some areas are much harder to find a good one.
Hopefully anotger option you like will pop up.
Sent from my phone, excuse any typos.
I had to do my intake appt. for insurance and they were very supportive of VBAC but admitted that none of their OBs are going to promote an HBAC.
She went into the required detail about risk of uterine rupture, risk that a qualified OB wouldn't be on hand should an emergency arise, etc. I do get a whole $100 toward doula services if I do a hospital birth??
Anyone know of DS mamas who tried to HBAC and had serious enough complications to be admitted Emergency? I'd like to hear what the real situation is when something goes amiss. PM is good.
Wife to my best friend
DD1 (4/15/10) and