Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #39
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (October 1-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
So I resubbed and replied to everyone and forgot to give my update, lol.

I had my three-hour glucose test today. The one-hour test was just 50g of glucose, but the three-hour one was 100g (but with the same volume of fluid, so it felt and tasted like syrup, whereas the other stuff more resembled Kool-aid). The blood draws went fine. So you know how the blood draws are, there's the needle, then a little tube, then the little cup at the end where they attach the vials? With my first draw this morning, we were chilling out and waiting for the vial to fill up, and then all of a sudden, then little tube "stood up" and then laid back down on the other side, all by itself, lol. The phlebotomist and I laughed. I was able to get a little walking in, in between each draw. If my results are posted online, then I'll be able to see them this weekend sometime, but otherwise, I'll have to just wait for the nurse to call me on Monday or Tuesday with my results (would have been Monday last time but she was off. But I felt decent throughout the test, only a tiny and brief bout of mild nausea at one point.
I hope you pass this one with flying colors and don't have that extra worry!
I've never had to do more than the 1hr herw: The 3hr doesn't sound like fun. At least this year, by the time I get to that point (assuming I get to the Dr office by that point) my FIL will be here and able to watch Levi for me while I deal with the test. Much easier than dealing with him in there too!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote