hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Overwhelmed yet again

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
Have you tried www.time4learning.com? There are some threads here where people have shared their experiences with that program. We signed up for it b/c of those threads and b/c I'm a bit like you . We've tried a lot of the same programs you said you tried...SonLight (a lot of reading), Math U See (which we like too), First Language Lessons (which we also like), KONOS, and a few others like Lesson Pathways...I too needed something where I could check things off a list and know what my 1st grader should do everyday - I have 4 kiddos so it's hard with other's running around...my 4 year old also does pre-k through time4learning.

Lesson Pathways is good if you want to try something free and it has a check list for you to follow so to speak with the lesson plans - it's pretty straight forward. A lot of the links didn't work for us and sometimes I felt like the stuff was over his head. But, overall we liked it.

Time4Learning speaks to my son's learning style...he says it's 'hard' and so that tells me he's learning something new (he mentioned he learned something new today). He does the lessons with some help from me, some on his own, but with a minimal amount of complaining (which says a lot for the program if you knew him). It tells me (and him) what he needs to do each day and he'll usually decide to finish it all in one sitting. It also has a playground option which allows the kid a break to go play TONS of safe online games. We usually do breaks away from the computer if he needs them. THere are printable worksheets and NOTHING else to purchase!
We are in a T4L stage plus a little unschooling, too. We've had a crazy few months and now I've got some minor health issues flaring up that aren't helping anything. My oldest is doing T4L exclusively with some penmanship practice. If I could get by with it, we would probably exclusively unschool. `