View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Just need to vent....it's another spanking thread

I think we have an entire generation of super-friendly, over-the-top nicey-nice moms who don't want to use the word "NO" or be stern AT ALL b/c we might hurt poor little Johnny's feelings. And THAT'S what causes issues with kids.

Not spanking vs. not spanking.

I do spank. It works for us. But it's always a last resort.

When I see a kid who is LITERALLY having a total meltdown - like having to be dragged down the aisle at Wal Mart b/c he/she refuses to walk and is screaming at the top of his/her lungs and is also trying to hit/bite/kick the parent ... I do think "oh holy wow. I'd SPANK that kid's butt!" But what I'm really meaning is, "I would get that situation under control ASAP" and that is how I *personally* would do it, so those are the terms I think in.

mama. If something is working for you and your kids, that's awesome - USE IT! And don't feel bad! You don't need approval from ANYONE to do what feels right and is working for your family!

You get bashed for not spanking, I get flamed 'cause I do. There's no winning when it comes to parenting. Just gotta get the game face on and do what works, and to heck with all the nay-sayers!
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote