Old 10-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #12
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Just need to vent....it's another spanking thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
EXACTLY.

My cousin's excuse for not disciplining her kid, ever (like, actually EVER - the kid HITS adults and takes their food from them, then eats it in front of them, while glaring at them... I could go on. He's quite a peach)... is... word for word.... "I don't want to hurt his feelings and upset him, then he might not like me."

I don't care if you do time out, if you take away toys, if you make your kids write sentences, if you make your kid wash your car, or if you spank your kid's toosh. Just please, for the love of goodness, DO SOMETHING!

Consistent discipline is really a necessary evil. It doesn't matter HOW you do it, but you MUST do it. If you don't do it now, you WILL pay for it later.
A lot of parents don't realize, that a child can't be criminally charged with anything until a certain age (some States say 10, some say 12). Either way, SOMEONE has to take the punishment for it. So, who is it going to be? The parents.

So, fine... don't discipline your kids (general you, not YOU), but when you are paying wads of money for things your kid broke, or hurts someone... just be prepared. It's your butt, not theirs.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote