View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
stephbrown13
Registered Users

Re: Back at Work ans Stressed Out - Help!

Our schedule is pretty similar to yours and my DH works late and travels frequently. I usually prep dinner the night before. So if its something that needs to be sauteed or baked, its all in a pan already ready to go so when I walk in the door I can just throw it the oven or on the stove, then while it's cooking I'm chopping things for tomorrow's dinner. I try to do pretty low maintenance dinners during the week, nothing too elaborate. I also use the crockpot at least once or twice a week (2 of my shifts are 10 hours and with a lunch break and driving I'm out of the house for 11). If DS1 doesn't want what's for dinner, he has the option of something I can throw together fast like greek yogurt and some gluten free granola, lunch meat cheese and some fruit or veggies etc.

Sometimes I throw DS1 and DS2 in the shower before dinner and let them play while I'm cooking. The bathroom is close to the kitchen and its only a shower--no tub-- so I don't worry about drowning and can hear them playing. I also do Motivated Moms which is another program like Fly-Lady.
Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote