Old 10-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #22
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just need to vent....it's another spanking thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairycat View Post
I almost completely agree with you 100%, the only disagreement is one previous poster mentioned 20 year olds having issues in the work place and moving back home, there is some truth to this. But the truth lies less in parenting and instead revolves around the culture as a whole, the tie in schools of "everyone is a winner" and "your special" type lessons that created a country of kids with the best self esteem of any other country, but
a lack of work ethic, and a belief they are so special, jobs should fight for them. I know
many people including myself who saw this in hiring postitions, but it's not all 20 year olds and I doubt it matters if they were spanked.

We don't spank I have never seen it work. The friends I had who were spanked tended to be sneakier and tended to talk to their parentsor trusted adults less when it mattered. I also love two of my friends teenagers so much! I have know both of these kids families since they were small. Neither family spanked and they are the kids I hope my kid grows up to be. So I get parenting advice from them. The teens of another few families who did not grow up so nice or together, one has a screamer for a parent and a very rare spanker, the others total spankers for parents, so don't taje discipline advice from them. Overall I do what works for us and seek help from those who have gone before me.

My nook hates me.
The only 20 year olds I know living with their parents are because they can't afford to live on their own. Financial aid in many places no longer helps cover any living expenses and it's hard enough to find a job as a adult 30+ years old, I can only imagine how much more harder it must be for a 20 something year old, and college student to add. Even when I was in college and my family members before that, many still lived at home because it was cheaper and easier to focus on schooling without a full time job on top of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
All of you that are saying kids aren't different these days...

How else do you explain the AMAZING rise in crime over the last 20 years? Crime rates are higher among 12-17 year olds than they EVER have been in the past.
Actually crime rates have gone down in most places, or stayed reltively the same in others.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote