View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #23
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Just need to vent....it's another spanking thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
Well first I don't believe that crime rates are ACTUALLY higher among teens, only that they are tracked and reported differently.

But also when talking about spanking, I wouldn't consider 12 to 17 to be KIDS, but TEENS.
Also, to add to this... ANYONE over the age of 40 can tell you that things were ALOT different when they were younger. My mom and dad talk all the time about "Kids just didn't do that stuff..." when they were younger. Things that are happening these days among young teens didn't happen back then.

Was there crime? Of course. Was everyone that committed a crime back then, caught? Absolutely not. But the world is a LOT different now than it was 30-40 years ago, back when the police weren't knocking on your door because they heard that you punished your child.

That's a lot of the problem these days. Parents are almost AFRAID to discipline their kids because they are afraid of the law. The penal code says that I can spank my child, with my bare hand, on their bottom. Anything beyond that, is abuse (I agree, by the way). Anyway... parents are so afraid of all of these "lines" that the law has made, that they are scared to discipline at all because they never know when they might be crossing a line.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote