igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 1 - Oct 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhochs View Post
I hope you don't mind if I join. We are 4 weeks in to FPU at our church and it has given me so much motivation. I have been following DR on the radio for the last 3 years or so but it's nice to actually get gazelle.

DH and I have some decisions to make after FPU and I'm so on the fence. The last 3 years I have been a SAHM to my 4 girls (16,12,3 and 2). My 3rd dd has a medical condition that needs weekly appointments and she attends a special needs preschool. We have a lot of debt. I mean a lot! We were like 25% of the total debt of our class.
Here it is:
Student Loans 84k
Credit Cards 30k
Mortgage 186k
2nd Mortgage 25k
Medical bills 18k

Gross! My dh makes roughly 84k a year and we live on a strict budget but we aren't making much headway with all of our debt. The student loans are mine and I have a MBA. We need to decide if I should return to work. Looking at the numbers it's a no brainer but my dh and I are having such a hard time with it. The main concern is our dd and putting her in daycare. My initial thought is that I wait 2 years until she begins kindergarten then go back full time. But if I wait I feel like I'm hurting my family financially. I've thought about part time but with paying part time daycare costs it's almost a wash. I've been contacted by several companies I could expect to earn around $55k a year.

So help me please...what would you do? Am I being too emotional?

Could you work opposing shifts? Maybe no in your field but in somethign else? We work opposing shifts. He works W-S 6pm-2am and I work 6:30am till 5:15 PM M-T. It actually works out amazingly well. The only thing that SUCKS is when he gets stuck on a call and doesn't arrive home till right before I have to leave for work (hes a deputy). While I miss haivng days off with him I LIKE being home 3 days a week with my daughter all in a row (my old shift was s,sun, tuesdays off
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote