View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
erlyjo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
To vax, or not to vax

I'm so torn on this subject. With my oldest 2, we did all the vaccines because it was what the doctor said to do. With #3 I began to question it because of DS's severe reaction to the prevnar vaccine. When I mentioned my hesitation to do any more vaccines in light of his reaction, I was called "stupid" for questioning her (yes my pediatrician called me stupid in front of my kids), so I had to find a new pediatrician. The new pediatrician says he is ok with parents who choose not to vaccinate, but related scary stories about how at least one kid from their practice dies every year because they weren't vaccinated, and how if we choose to not vaccinate the baby, we basically have to live in a bubble so she doesn't get exposed to anything.

So here I am with a decision to make. To vax, or not to vax. I will refuse the MMR and varicella vaccines due to ethical considerations, and I won't do hep b because I think it's ridiculous to vaccinate a baby for an STD, but what about the rest? I am hesitant because I feel vaccines have gotten out of control with how many are administered at a time and I also question their effectiveness. But on the other hand, I want to do what's best for my kids to make sure they are healthy.

Can anyone point me in the direction of good info? I need independent scientific studies to prove they are effective and safe, not a government fact sheet or sales brochure from a drug company.