Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #14
erlyjo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Did you ask him how many kids die each year even though they are fully vaxed?
I HATE when Drs use scare tactics to make patients do what they say. They are not the boss of every patient, they are there as a resource and to help when needed/asked.

That is COMPLETE and UTTER bullsh!t. I would likely have said so right to his face. What a jerk.
I should have asked about their vaccinated child mortality rate. I can never think of these things in the moment!

And yes, the more I think about it, the more absurd his recommendations seem. I really like the guy otherwise, and at least he didn't call me stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
I did find out, with DS1 and our delaying his shots, that once they turn 2 years old they suddenly need less doses of some vaccines - which cuts back their shots quite substantially. For example, I can't for the life of me remember which vaccine it was, but as a baby he would have needed 4 doses - after 24 months only ONE dose is required.
Also, when they get nearer 2 years old, the blood-brain barrier is better established, which can help with reactions.
I would really like to know more about this. I have never heard this before. I wish you knew which vaccine it was!

Last edited by erlyjo; 10-04-2012 at 06:32 PM.
erlyjo is online now   Reply With Quote